Thursday, April 24, 2008

Votes for Donations...

Misguided good intentions?

All good intentions aside, at the end of the day though, this is still vote selling. Of course the VERY positive outcome of such a move is the benefit reaped by a worthy institution doing a lot of good for Brunei. But then again, if we're not careful, this may become a common practice which really would not be desirable.

The other bloggers up for the award may probably also have a few thoughts of their own over this issue.

So, is this ok then as long as the consequences of the action outweigh the negative, or do you think that the act itself is wrong and therefore should not be encouraged?


4 comments:

Ranz said...

I think you misunderstood my intention for such cause. I've been a supporter of charity events for a few years and I will continue to do so.

This campaign is something new and it's not something I will repeat over and over again. I will be hosting a movie night initiated by Anakbrunei and there are many ways we can help for this cause.

So I believe it does outweigh the negative points and like I said in my post, despite not winning the award, the real winners are the voters as the votes will be converted and donated to SMARTER.

I just thought this is a brilliant idea to increase awareness on SMARTER and I have no intention to exploit any individuals.

Your title should have read "Votes to donate" ;) Thanks for your opinion.

Mr. Red said...

Hi Ranz,

Thanks for the comments.. I will change the title of the posting as you suggested as the intention wasn't to be negative in any way.

I think the donations will definitely benefit Smarter as they're doing a heck of a job to raise awareness of Autism. and any help they can get is good.

I hope you're ok that we brought up the 'other' side of the perspective.

Ranz said...

hey buddy.. It's good that you brought it up anyway. So at least people can understand further in depth and plus we will keep any of us on our toes in the future. I never thought this could be a subjective issue. Keep up the good work!

Bricks & Blogs said...

Charity should be kept pure.